WaterGrip Growing Media for Green Roofs
WaterGrip enables rooftop plants to thrive in a light weight media providing superior water management and reduced maintenance:
- A hydrophilic media that is able to hold 8x its weight in water for enhanced water management and reduced overall water use. Holds 10.5 lbs. of water per sq.ft. at maximum Water Holding Capacity.
- A stabilized, sponge-like media which provides roots with a ready supply of air, nutrients, and most importantly, water. Root respiration occurs even when media is fully saturated.
- Encapsulates fertilizers just as it does with water, serving as food storage reservoirs in the soil.
WaterGrip – it’s about growing more, with less
WaterGrip growing media delivers a technological advance in green roofing media that will help to maximize the vast array of environmental, social and economic benefits a green roof can provide. WaterGrip growing media truly changes the paradigm for rooftop growing media — delivering a “true” growing media in which plants thrive rather than survive.
1. Lightweight media eases installation, reduces roof loads, and does not compact:
• 12” x 24” x 3” “brownies” weigh only 11.8 lbs/sq. ft. fully saturated
• Easy to install – lay just like tile – ideal for sloped roofs
• Reduce heating and cooling, increased roof life span dramatically
2. Rapid absorption and exceptional water holding capacity provides incomparable rain
• Delays, reduces and filters storm water run-off
• Water is stored and then taken up by the plants from where it is returned to the
atmosphere through transpiration and evaporation
• Stabilized media maintains porosity over time and does not compact
• Supports a broader plant palette
WaterGrip Roof Brownie
The Water Grip roof brownie is ideally suited for Green Roofing applications and is also appropriate for Living Walls, Plantscaping and Landscaping use.
Using WaterGrip Growing Media as your rooftop growing media can maximize these benefits by delivering a true growing media that enables superior water management while providing an environment in which plants thrive. By holding more water, WaterGrip enables you to conserve more water, and harness more natural water, in combination with air and nutrients, for superior plant growth.
WaterGrip patented growing media combines traditional organic mix ingredients, such as coconut coir and fir bark, with proprietary ingredients to create a lightweight, hydrophilic matrix. The sponge-like media has a stabilized macro/micro pore structure with excellent capillary action, unparalleled water, air and nutrient holding capacity and a superior cation exchange capacity. WaterGrip media retains its porosity over time, does not breakdown upon saturation and exhibits only minute compaction after long periods of use. The media contains beneficial bacteria, nutrients, and fertilizer to protect and promote healthy root and plant development.
WaterGrip Roof Brownie provides the perfect foundation for robust rooftop growth.
Call 631-423-2211 today for your free consultation or simply click here.