July is Smart Irrigation Month and is typically the month of highest water demand for lawns and landscapes. According to the experts, most homeowners and property managers over water by up to 30%!
Smart Irrigation Month is a public awareness campaign to promote efficient water use.
Using water wisely:
- Saves money on your utility bill.
- Nurtures green spaces.
- Protects your community’s water supply for generations to come.
- Minimizes needed investments in infrastructure to store and carry water, which must be paid for by property taxes or municipal bonds.
- Irrigation systems deliver exactly the right amount of water at the right time. Efficient irrigation systems:
- Minimize overwatering while keeping your lawn and garden beautiful and healthy.
- Adjust watering automatically to account for rain and other conditions.
- Put every drop of water to work by minimizing evaporation and waste.
- Make maintaining your yard easy and convenient.
With just a few simple strategies, it’s easy to save water, save money and see better results.
- Plant right! It’s easy to save water and lower your utility bills with simple changes to your landscaping. Fescue grass, Evergreen trees and shrubs, Perennials and Native Species are all great to plant.
- Invest in an irrigation system Using an automated irrigation system is the best way to keep your lawn and landscape beautiful and healthy, while minimizing water waste. Irrigation systems pay for themselves in creating and maintaining a healthy landscape.
- Water wisely Today’s irrigation systems include sophisticated controllers that allow you to adjust watering schedules to fit different needs. Now is a great time to upgrade to a smart irrigation controller, which can adjust watering to respond to changing weather, and enables you to manage your irrigation system from your smart phone!
- Rain Sensors shut your sprinkler system off during a rain event
- Precision nozzles apply water uniformly
- Gear driven sprinklers are long lasting
- Drip irrigation applies a small amount of water to allow soil to absorb & prevents loss due to wind.
- Maintain and upgrade your system Schedule periodic inspections with irrigation professionals to ensure proper system functioning, make repairs if needed, and update equipment! An irrigation audit each season pays for itself in water savings and maintaining a healthy landscape.